Ubuntu 7.10 comes up in Low Video Resolution.

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Tue Oct 14 19:43:43 UTC 2008

Hi:

In my main 7.10 Ubuntu I had 2 Kernels, an old one and a new one. The
new one had the new Nvidia Driver as did the old one, but it said it was
not in use, in the new Kernel. I tried the old Kernel, and everything
works Fine. So I thought let's remover the Newer Kernel, and then
re-install that. There seems to be all kinds of things, now not working
in the newer kernel. All the suggestions, and reconfiguration of that
newer Kernel don't work.

So I'll look in Add/remove to try to get rid of the newer Kernel, or
look in Synaptic to try to get rid of it, along with the files that go
with it. Make sure it is not in the Cache,
like /var/cache/apt/archives , then re download it, and install the same
one over. Then install from Add/Remove the newer Nvidia Driver, and it
will work again (Perhaps!)

Any other suggestion on removing a bad Kernel would be appreciated.

TIA

Alfred!