Farewell, Ubuntu

dartrod dartrod at airsurfer.ca
Sun Oct 5 23:31:57 UTC 2008

Thanx for the reply, I will file a report.

*Update!!!* tried to report a bug and neither Ubuntu 8.04 or Hardy Heron
is recognized couldn't get any further, yet another problem!!!!

Don't get me wrong I am looking for a *superior* replacement for Windows
that the average user can Install and use out of the box.

I am not looking to switch one set of problems for another.

My wife daughter and grandson would also be able to use Ubuntu if they
were provided with a perfectly functioning computer, that's my point.

As to Ubuntu sound problems, Google"Ubuntu sound problems" and see what
you get. Sound in Ubuntu 8.04 is a huge problem. I am surprised this
issue wasn't addressed immediately.

I am not giving up on Ubuntu yet, I am going out of my way (buying a
computer specifically for the purpose) This isn't even a dual boot machine.

I sure don't agree with your last statement at this point, except that
Vista is a giant step backward.

I agree that Unix and Linux have been used in the back end to great
success, however I am talking about the desktop.

I am looking forward to the next iteration of Ubuntu. Hopefully my
expectations will be met.