About the Green Party...

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 03:50:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Tony Yarusso <tonyyarusso at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't recall seeing it in their 2008 platform, but I'm reasonably
> certain there was a mention of open source somewhere in the NDP's 2006
> platform or some other communication from them - I'll do some digging
> and see if I can find it.

Hokay, here's what I got:

In Manitoba the NDP passed a resolution on the topic, which you can
read in full at http://www.digital-copyright.ca/node/view/737.  Given
the way the NDP is structured, this could be read as a position of the
party as a whole.

I did not find mention of open source in the 2008 or 2006 platforms,
and apparently deleted a bunch of other old stuff I had, so may have
lost what I was thinking of.  :(

There have been various mentions of open source by individual candidates.

Similarly, Angus is not the only one discussing copyright issues - I
found a few, and the number seems to be growing.

Protection of Net Neutrality IS in the 2008 party platform - see
http://www.ndp.ca/platform/otherpriorities/supportingculture.

Looking through old e-mails I also remembered why the last discussion
about open source and government stuff on this list was such a
disappointing experience that I hadn't bothered to talk about this in
a while...

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/