scanner shopping with ubuntu hardy

Eugene Cormier eugene.cormier at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 22:56:33 UTC 2008

Hi Anita,

I've got a Canon Canoscan Lide 25, and it works perfectly without any
messing around....I plugged it in, started Sane and started scanning to
my hearts content....a word of caution though....if you want to be sure
about a specific scanner check the following site before your purchase:

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html

in general, you're looking for a scanner that has "complete" support (or
in my case "good" works just fine....maybe the buttons on the scanner
don't work, but everything to do with scanning still does: color,
contrast, etc all work

Eugene

On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 17:12 -0500, Anita Kuno wrote:
> I am shopping in Central Ontario for a scanner that is compatible with
> Ubuntu Hardy.
>
> I welcome suggestions of what makes and models work well and also what
> retail outlets carry such. I need to ensure the scanner works before I
> purchase, so the ability to test the unit with my laptop is essential.
>
> Thank you,
> Anita.
*           Eugene Cormier             *
*          Acadia University           *
*        www.eugenecormier.com         *
*       eugene.cormier at gmail.com       *
*       DEN 152, (902) 585-1329        *
*    Classical Guitar, Guitar Class,   *
*    Guitar Ensemble, Prelim. Rud.     *