error: "dev.wifi0.ledpin" on Acer Aspire One

Victor Mendonça victorbrca at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 14 19:54:25 UTC 2008

Thanks Austin and Andy for the reply! :)

Austin:

I installed 8.04 just to avoid some problems that a lot of people were having with 8.10. I don't usually upgrade my systems to the last release (unless it's a server without X). But if needed I'll upgrade it!! :)

Andy:

The laptop is amazing (got inspired by yours). Keyboard is great and speed is pretty good. Not to mention the 120GB of HD. A lot better than the first EeePC series.

In regards to the problem, I did follow the steps on that site. However I took the easy way and used ndiswrapper instead of mad-wifi. I also did not disable the "ath_hal" module as it seemed that it was only needed when using mad-wifi.

Everything works ok. It's only once in a while that the problem is present.

I'm curious because it seems that I'm the only one having the problem. I've done many searches and I could not find anything related to Acer (actually only a german site in which I could not understand - http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/notebook-leds-einrichten-moeglich/#post-1586150)

Victor Mendonça
IT Worker - Linux enthusiast
http://wazem.org/