Packages automatically uninstalling?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Nov 11 21:20:08 UTC 2008

My installation was from the ubuntu-8.10-desktop-amd64.iso image.  I ran the second
menu item (Install); I didn't boot into the live CD and run install from the GUI.
The partitions for /boot, / and /home are all ext3.

I've looked over the bug reports, and they match my experience (although most
reports are with the alternate install CD).

I'll get a Launchpad account and contribute to the bug hunting efforts.

--Bob.