Big disk in old bios

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Tue May 20 00:38:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Eric Cyr wrote:

> One - There's an option in most BIOSes (called LBA, if I remember correctly)
> that will help them handle drives over 137G. It might be there, but turned
> off.  Might at least save you the re-install.

   I assume you mean 48-bit LBA which Linux supports, but my BIOS does not.

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://www.digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/

   manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
   portable media player from my cold dead hands!"