Recommend compatible hardware

Andy Boersma andy at boersma.ca
Thu May 1 14:42:05 UTC 2008

Hi Michael,

You can check the laptop testing site, it list success stories and
failures with a lot of laptop models.

I have ran Ubuntu on Dell, HP Pavilion and Toshiba laptops.

Most models seem to work well as long as the wireless card and video
card are standard models.

The only issue most laptops have are with power control and hibernation.

I just installed 8.04 on a Toshiba Qosmio and when the screen saver
powers down the display, it does not come out of it and I have to reboot.

So any big brand name, with standard parts, and you should have no
issues, check Bestbuy, Futureshop and Walmart for some sales.

You should have no issues with video files.

have fun