Can't read disc.

JBoon hazanjo at cogeco.ca
Thu Mar 13 15:53:53 UTC 2008

Hi,  as a raw newbie, I seem to be missing something obvious.

I downloaded D:\ubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386.iso  as instructed from the ubuntu site.  I then burned it onto a DVD using Toshiba Diskcreator on my laptop.

Then I took the disk over to the target machine, a desktop.   Whether in windows, or if I exit to MSDOS, neither will read the disc.

I then brought the disc back to the original laptop to study what files had been copied to see if I had to have some kind of 'installation' file.  Now, all I can do with this disc is look at the Toshiba Diskcreator which informs me I cannot erase or add files to it.  But Windows will not let me look at the actual file.

Please help.

thankyou

John Boon