please help me with ubuntu!

Nick nick__10 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 11 17:24:34 UTC 2008

Hi, i recently put ubuntu on my other pc, it worked fine the first day, then i turned the pc off at night, when i turned on the next day the screen went black and it said "Loading, please wait" it did this for like 25 mins, so i restarted, tried again a couple of times with no better luck, so what i am doing is using the ubuntu cd to perform a memory check, its been running for 15 hours now, will this memory check resolve my issue? and if not what can i do? please help! thanks, Nick.