GUI Programming

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Thu Mar 13 00:48:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 21:42 -0300, Richard Seguin wrote:
> I was just curious about what you developers out there use for GUI
> programming.  Currently I am learning python and I have dabbled with
> glade a bit.  Although glade is a help there has to be a better way to
> setup a gui and then use the callbacks to run your code...
>
> Do we have anything comparable to VB? (the setting up the gui part)
>
> Richard Seguin

wxWidgets 100 %. Since you are already familiar with python, you are
going to absolutely love wxPython. The python bindings for wxWidgets
have always been the most up to date of all the bindings available. You
should also look into wxFormBuilder for RAD generation of the wxWidgets
resource scripts (XML files named .xrc).

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred