Ubuntu users in Ontario, Canada?

volksman v0lksman69 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:43:06 UTC 2008

Breath geo...breath..  :)

If you edit a file and it breaks something you can always go back and
revert your changes and see if that fixes it again...

The syntax error is telling you that there is something wrong with the
way the information in a file is formatted or the order of commands is
wrong.  In this case it is largely due to e-mail formatting that messed
up your copy and paste.  The file must look like this:

<IfModule mod_dir.c>

          DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml index.cgi
index.php index.php3 index.pl index.xhtml

</IfModule>

With DirectoryIndex and all its options on one line, each separated by a
space.  I removed the line with # in front as it is not doing anything
anyways and only adds to confusion.

Can you also confirm that you have two files in
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/ called php5.conf and php5.load (and maybe
post their contents)?