Ubuntu users in Ontario, Canada?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 00:41:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 8:23 PM, Leigh Honeywell <leigh at hypatia.ca> wrote:

>>You think this is hard.  Try setting up a mail server.
>
> You're clearly a sendmail user :)  It took me about 15 minutes as a
> complete newb to get postfix up and running.  Dovecot-IMAP took another
> 20.

ah, that brings back memories of digging into my O'Reilly book a few
years ago to setup sendmail on my servers:
http://www.amazon.ca/sendmail-Bryan-Costales/dp/0596510292/

The 4th edition is only 5.6 cm thick, 1.8 kg, 1308 pages

I have to say that from recent experience it's true that both postfix
and exim4 (the default in Debian) have come a long way into simplify
mail servers, as long as your setup is relatively standard.

--
Daniel Robitaille
 http://friendfeed.com/robitaille