Ubuntu users in Ontario, Canada?

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Tue Jun 24 03:07:27 UTC 2008

Hi Again:

>From the Language that you are using, you seem to be doing very complex
things in the other operating systems. Linux is the thing you are
interested in, so take a bit of time to learn some of the basics with it
before trying to do the same kind of very complex things, with Linux.
Not doing this makes the learning curve Slew Rate very sudden. You are
talking about PHP, and that is a very thick Book, and SQL, and that is a
very thick book, and you are a Noob to Linux too, and that is a very
thick Book. Learn a bit of Linux just by it's self. Now the Learning
curve is very gradual. Then when you've mastered the GUI of your Choice,
and a bit of the shell, then Start with SQL. After you got the basics
with that then go to PHP. Then what people tell you will make some
sense, in the Linux way of looking at it. The lingo is a bit different
in Linux, and after some basics you will know what people are saying
when you go on a forum.

Make things a bit simple, it's not that you are simple, it just makes it
easy to grasp the concepts in Linux this way.

Alfred!