Ubuntu users in Ontario, Canada?

geo yaktur at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 03:06:55 UTC 2008

I don't have phpmysqladmin - and I have no idea where to get it. It's not available in Synpatic or in the Alt-F2 terminal. It's like a ghost or something, you hear about it but you can't see it?

And if by some miracle i stumbled across it, how would I run it in Firefox? It's not in a bookmark or anything.

On your machine you have really two levels of programs working when serving
for the web. Programs that you will run on your machine for your use on the
machine you install via Synaptic. Applications that will run on the webserver
you download from the net and install as per their installation instructions.

MySQL you install via Synaptic since it will run directly on your machine.
phpmysqladmin will administer the MySQL database (adding databases, tables
etc) through the webserver. It will run through your Firefox.

Once MySQL and phpmysqladmin have been installed on your machine you simply
log into phpmysqladmin and click on the Create Blank Database button.

M.