Ubuntu users in Ontario, Canada?

geo yaktur at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 02:26:00 UTC 2008

Sorry, but how do I do this?

I tried getting phpMySQLAdmin by either Synaptic or by typing sudo apt-get install phpMySQLAdmin in the Alt+F2 window.

Nothing. It doesn't exist in either place.

But even if it did, how would i create a new blank database? I don't know any of this stuff.

Thanks,
geo
PS: Sorry if I came off as a little testy before, this thing just EATS so much of my time just to experiment and fail at it again and again.

- download and install phpMySQLAdmin (used to admin MySQL databases)

- In phpmysqladmin create a new blank database and call it, say,
'joomla'

- Point your browser to http://localhost/[NAME OF THE FOLDER YOU
CREATED]/index.php

- Follow the prompts to install Joomla (it will want the name of the blank
database you just created)

:)

M.