New install of Hardy not updating packages!?!

Paolo Di Battista paolodibattista at rogers.com
Thu Jun 19 15:58:43 UTC 2008

So far so good...

Update manager downloaded and installed the updates. But I got two messages
in the course of this that I don't understand:

Here is what happened verbatim:

>$ sudo update-manager
sudo: unable to resolve host NAS
[sudo] password for paolo: (I typed the passwd)
current dist not found in the meta-release file

after it displayed the last line Update Manager opened and it began updating
normally after I clicked Install Updates.

Paolo