Wireless

Steve Kilbride Freebeer at rogers.com
Fri Jul 11 21:53:45 UTC 2008

At 12:54 PM 7/11/2008, you wrote:

>I have a great wireless: it displays all available networks and
>connects any that are open, but nothing happens internet-wise.
>
>Now what?

Honestly, I think you're better off checking on the ubuntu forums -
it's been covered lots of times and they're really good at the
diagnosis thing.  You should also check to see what type of chipset
your wireless is using and cross-check that against the compatibility
list.  The folks on Ubuntu Forums will need that info, too.

Also, you can check out "wicd"  http://wicd.sourceforge.net/ - Used
this on an old machine (but new USB wireless dongle) that worked
better than the default network-manager.

FreeBeer