Ubuntu entrepreneurialism

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Thu Jan 24 02:47:14 UTC 2008

Hi I'm slowly putting a little Business together, and trying to learn
how to use GNUCASH, in Ubuntu 7.10. A local Course here on Quick Books,
meant I had to buy a new computer to make use of the Vista Software they
were using, and then Quick Books too and then the course. This way I can
use my old homemade 2 Ghz Klunker and GNUCASH. To learn the terms I went
to a website called

http://www.dwmbeancounter.com

There is a 7 lessons in Sole Proprietor Bookkeeping. Anyone else
learning GNUCASH? Some things don't add up just yet, I'll have to do it
by hand perhaps. Never did accounting before! GnuCash says in the Docs
that it can be used for Business Purposes.

I'm hoping this isn't Canned Meat!

Alfred!

I tried Virtual Box in the last couple of days, running win 98 from
inside Ubuntu, but ran into some unexpected problems, like how to add
the NVidia Drivers, to the Virtual Box, so that the Screen Size is
bigger than 600x480, in 16 Colours.