Ubuntu Secwepemc

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 18:21:01 UTC 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 6:00 AM, Neskie Manuel <neskiem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Weytk-p,
>
> So I've finished working a Secwepemc locale file (shs_CA).  I've
> submitted an enhanchment bug to glibc, so hopefully that gets included
> soon.  I've included a link the screenshot of the locale in Evolution
> [1].
>
> I've also packaged the Aboriginal Fonts from languagegeek.com.  I'll
> put it in the team PPA on launchpad [2] soon.
>
> Right now I'm working on a packaging a keyboard map that was created
> using the first method from Daniel Paul's blog [3] so people can make
> use of this font.  I would appreciate the help if anyone knows about
> packaging.
>
> Putucw
> -Neskie

Wow! Here are the specific pieces you will need to do (afaik):

1. Figure out the license on the font. If it is DFSG-free (Debian Free
Software Guidelines), then it can go into main
2. For packaging, talk to Daniel Holbach. He is the Canonical employee
that is responsible for making MOTU work, including helping new
people.
3. The keyboard mapping should go upstream, in this case I believe
X.org is the proper place. File a bug in Launchpad and then link it to
a bug you ahve filled in the freedesktop.org bugzilla.

There are likely other bits I am forgetting in these 10 minutes between classes.

And again, amazing work. Can you stand still long enough for me to get
an interview for the Fridge?

Corey