ubuntu-ca Digest, Vol 34, Issue 11

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 04:25:28 UTC 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 10:28 PM, Egor Katkov <dummyhead3 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I'm not sure about how to put your comment in the malign list, I think this is the way. here it goes:
>
> >some of this is because OO.o is a bloated piece of crap.
>
> What is so wrong with OO.o? What office suit would you recommend? Koffice? I only use the presentation, the word processor, and the spreadsheet.

I don't know about now, but the last time I tried OOo to do a
presentation, that presentation apps in the OOo suite really got on my
nerves. It wasn't easy to get it to work the way I wanted my
presentation to look like, option were not intuitive to find in the
menus, ran into memory problems trying to embed a movie, and generally
it just got very frustrating.  Since it was for work, and I had access
to MS Office, I ended up using Powerpoint instead and it was a better
experience for me at the time. I rarely need to use anything more
powerful than a text editor most of time, so things like vi and the
Google Docs works just fine for me in my normal routine.

As anyone tried IBM's Symphony?
http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/symphony/home.jspa

They do have a Windows and Linux version, but I have never tried it,
so I don't know how it compares to OOo.

--
Daniel Robitaille