Hello World

Tom Daly tom_d at chebucto.ns.ca
Sat Feb 23 16:50:55 UTC 2008

JohnD wrote
> Welcome Eugene,
> I just googled Annapolis Valley, and you live in Paradise!

Hello World, again
Tom here, on the other side of NS- in the metropolitan heart of urban Petite Riviere (pop +-230)  I've been "using" for at least 5 years- currently Kubuntu 7.10/3.5.9.  I am a very accomplished expert at toasting my system via my vast lack of knowledge, my most recent escapade pooching most of the program and setting icons (still not solved)  Good news is the two-day traumas are getting farther between :-)  I think I am a really good user, as I can generally come up with a vast array of unanswered questions.  My current fave is a Plain English tutorial on setting up iptables- I have an old P11-400 Dell running Etch as a router for my house.

Must go shovel- we got 15 centipedes here last night

PS- John, yes Paradise _IS_ in the Annapolis Valley.  Used to be the best icecream stand around: "Pearl's in Paradise"- dunno if it's still there