question

Eugene Cormier eugene.cormier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 15:39:38 UTC 2008

OK so I'm new on here, so maybe I should ask a question....

1) I have an old P3 with 128mb RAM and I'm using it for an Apache/ssh
server.....I've loaded xfce because I haven't been able to find good
monitoring tools to use (bmon isn't bad for bandwidth) but I'm really
looking for a monitor which is command line/ncurses that will tell me
logins to apache (username logintime logouttime) anything like this
exist?? (maybe as well it would be nice to know what files were
requested).....for now I've been keeping my access.log and error.log
open in gedit which notifies me when things have changed, but on this
machine xfce+gnomesysmon+gedit is really chugging....plus I know I
really shouldn't use a gui on my server (I did set it all up command
line only from Ubuntu Server, I just couldn't find the mon tools I
wanted)

2) I'd like to get a bit deeper into helping Ubuntu....not sure where to
start....the obvious place seems like Motu.....but there's no app I
really feel left out.....can't do translations, I've got some great
ideas (I think) but not enough programming knowledge to implement them

3) are there any good python primers out there?

ok....there....I've got a couple of questions out....I never ask
questions, I just google :)

Eugene
*           Eugene Cormier             *
*          Acadia University           *
*        www.eugenecormier.com         *
*       eugene.cormier at gmail.com       *
*       DEN 152, (902) 585-1329        *
*    Classical Guitar, Guitar Class,   *
*    Guitar Ensemble, Prelim. Rud.     *