Steve Jobs and Benny Hinn (rant)

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Mon Feb 18 02:23:54 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-17 at 17:45 -0800, Dylan McCall wrote:
> I seem to have missed something, though this sounds possibly
> intriguing...
> Was this a sudden revelation, a discovery from prodding Apple's
> programs with reverse engineering tools, or what?
> Fill me in, please :)
>
> Bye,
> -Dylan

Well, CBC's latest Fifth Estate instalment featuring a followup to the
Benny Hinn controversy certainly helped. ;) Just the way he preaches
bullshit and the power he has over the impressionable and gullible
crowds that want and *need* to believe that he has the answers.

As for the evidence, it's all over the place. Maybe mine is just out of
date, but the last time I tried building GDB as one example under OS X
(since the one that ships with XCode is old and doesn't come with
gdbserver), there was no Darwin target. GDB is licensed under the GNU
Public License, and since the XCode version is clearly GDB and is
running under Darwin, it's obvious that mainline was not patched with
their changes. This was not what Richard Stallman was thinking when he
dedicated a significant amount of energy and personal time into sharing
with us his work, along with everyone else who has contributed over the
years.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred