Canadian Ubuntu Server

Denver Gingerich denver at ossguy.com
Thu Feb 14 01:04:16 UTC 2008

On Feb 13, 2008 7:48 PM, Kip Warner <kip at thevertigo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 18:47 -0500, Charlotte Curtis wrote:
> > Thanks for the info, seems to be running just fine now so I won't bug them.
> >
> > Charlotte
>
> I tried to get our Department of CS at UBC to host a mirror. In fact,
> I've been trying for over a year now. Bureaucracy is the only word to
> describe it. I wish UBC's CS department was as open minded as other
> Canadian universities.

To be fair, it is not the School of CS at the University of Waterloo
that is hosting a mirror, but the CS Club, which is run entirely by
students.  The CSC owns a bunch of hardware that they have acquired
through grants and membership fees, which is what they run the mirror
on.  UW provides the CSC with an Internet connection and space on
campus to put their servers, but that is the extent of UW's
involvement.  If there is an interested student club at UBC, perhaps
you could do something similar.

Denver