Ubuntu Job

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Fri Feb 8 21:55:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 13:25 -0800, Corey Burger wrote:

> If anybody has substantianated issues with this agency, can you let
> Canonical know? Letting them get represented by somebody that is known
> to have burned bridges doesn't strike me as the best way to improve
> Ubuntu.
>
> Corey

The gentleman who I had dealt with was named Juan Enrique Hinojosa
(jhinojosa at bridges-hr.com) and he claimed to be the Director with
Bridges Human Resources (recruiting firm). I went through several
interviews with their group for some job with Canonical. At the time, I
was in interviews with other companies like Intel. Bridges took forever
and never returned calls. I was not impressed with the lack of
professionalism. If I am not the man for the job, that is fine. But it
is a common courtesy to at least inform the candidate rather than
leaving them with an indefinite pending status that can cause troubles
as a candidate for other companies. I have delt with dozens of
recruiting companies and some are just as bad, others more professional.
In any case, it didn't matter in the end since I got a couple of offers,
one of them from Intel.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred