shared folder (Doooh Head)

Doooh Head doooh_head at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 19 18:53:38 UTC 2008

Thanks to all who replied.

For a newbie like me I was able to come up with two ways to resolve this:

Option 1 - I installed and ran the samba client.  So I would run it, locate the remote share and mount it.  Then from K3B I could locate that share from within the folder home/.../smb4k
Option 2 - I simply browsed my network, located the share on the other machine, mounted it, then as David mentioned, within K3B locate the shared folder from within the hidden home/.../.gvfs folder.  From within K3B, locate the home directory, right-click to show hidden files/directories, then find .gvfs and the shared folders are accessible from there.

John A. Bowman