Ubuntu Installation.

Andrew Mathenge mathenge at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 04:51:06 UTC 2008

Hi Alex,

Perhaps the CD device driver isn't being loaded at boot time. The PC
will boot from the CD but it will drop you to a busybox command prompt
if the CD device drivers aren't loaded.

At the command prompt, try the following. Type:

modprobe ide_generic
modprobe ide_disk
modprobe ide_cd
exit

Once you type exit, the system will attempt to continue booting from the CD.

Andrew.