Ubuntu Installation.

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Sun Dec 7 15:45:59 UTC 2008

Might be that the Install disk you are using is 32 Bit. If it is an
official Ubuntu Disk or DVD it may be Dual Layer one side is 32 bit the
other is 64 Bit. It you have problems with Graphics, or your monitor
will not show the splash screen, try Choice number two from that first
menu. If you are using an Nvidia or ATI AGP card, then try to use the on
board Graphics first, do the install with that, and then after the
install put your AGP card back in, then things will run smoothly. It
will detect the card and then get the driver for it. on a few versions
of Ubuntu I had simialr problems like what you have.

Alfred!