Should I reinstall the Ubuntu 8.04 LTS ?

Andrew Mathenge mathenge at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:42:08 UTC 2008

You can try reconfiguring GNOME. Here's a link to the instructions:

Andrew.

Go into a failsafe terminal and enter the following commands:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure gnome-desktop-data
sudo dpkg-reconfigure gnome-control-center
sudo dpkg-reconfigure gnome-menus
sudo dpkg-reconfigure gnome-system-tools
sudo dpkg-reconfigure gnome-applets
sudo dpkg-reconfigure gnome-session

Then reboot.