USB drive error

Doooh_Head doooh_head at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 11:56:07 UTC 2008

I tried that command.  It worked for some of the USB drives.  I am now again
suspecting that my external drive is toast.  I will have to try taking it
out of the external case and see if I can connect it up internally and see
if it works or not.  I'd hate to lose whats on it, but I have previously
backed up what I thought was important on it (pictures, etc).  I may have to
rebuild my music collection, but oh well.

Now, apparently I can't mount one of my internal partitions.  I have a
dual-boot machine with Ubuntu and Vista.  I have a 250gb drive, partitioned
in half, with Ubuntu on one, Vista on the other.  Of course from Ubuntu I
was previously able to mount and see everything on the Vista partition, but
for some reason I now get an error indicating that I don't have the
priveledges to mount it.  The only thing that has changed about the entire
system is that the Vista system has been in use more than it ever has been
(my son has been staying with us, and has been using it).  Normally I boot
to it, run Windows Update and thats the end of it.

I checked my user priveledges to ensure I had the ability to mount such
things, and as far as I can tell I do.  I have all of the existing
priveledges checked-off for my user.

Anyone have any ideas?

Doooh