Hi

Jeff Weaver jweaver4 at uwo.ca
Fri Aug 15 02:57:50 UTC 2008

Have we done a callout in awhile?

Let me see, I've used UNIX for 22 years first in BSD4.2 form (SunOS
3.x and Ultrix 1.x) for scientific computing.  Back when it was
possible to link BSD4.2 kernel objects directly into SunOS and
Ultrix.  Good old days but now possible again with Linux.

 From there a number of years in Solaris and a kind of a crazy time on
MAC OS X (which I think undisputedly remains the standard-bearer for
consumer-based unix) but then back to RH8-9, FC3+, SUSE and now
Ubuntu, which is my favorite of all the linux distributions.

Jeff