Low power computer

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Tue Aug 12 04:34:15 UTC 2008

I did all the updates, more than 350 Megs of them, and still get bad
certificates, due to the Root Certificate of Firefox not being Valid,
according to Ebay. See Ubuntu does not use the most updated FireFox and
so the Certificate of Firefox has expired according to Ebay. This
according to Ebay is the root cause of getting bad certificates.

I was just informed by Koolu that all their net appliances have been
sold, and so I opted for a Total Refund. This Computer is no longer
available! On Sunday morning I tried to buy the Koolu Net Appliance
again, and got all Good certificates, and the Postal information was
correct too. I had tried to buy it 9 times, and the ninth time
everything worked OK!

I took a look at the Acer Aspire one today, I can get it for less than
the Koolu, cost with all the extras. The Fit PC is giving me a fit!
Memory soldered in 512 megs only, 60 gig hard Drive. 500 Mhz CPU. The
Acer is 1.6 Ghz, I'll have to look at it a bit more, for more detail.

I'm not sure if Ebay's information is correct, if it is then I will have
to use a backport to update Firefox to version 3 in 7.10.

Alf!