Fresh Hardy install, wireless PC card not found, "Hardware Info" menu item missing

Andrew Mathenge mathenge at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 22:49:26 UTC 2008

Hi Bob,

For the graphics, that seems to be a pretty common thing among a lot of
people. I
didn't have that problem on my Dell.

One solution that I read had to do with enabling a menu item.

System -> Preferences -> Main Menu

Then under "Other", make sure that "Screens and Graphics" is checked.

Now you'll have an "Other" menu in the Applications menu.

Applications -> Other -> Screens and Graphics.

Select your video card and the resolution.

Andrew.