Eugene Cormier eugene.cormier at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:23:12 UTC 2008

Honestly guys....if he's getting a "operating system not found" message
I would think that that means that he's got it to boot from the
cd....it's just that there is no boot info which could mean either a
defective cd or he burnt the iso image to a data disk....If he didn't
have the bios boot order set up properly it wouldn't give the error he
said, but it would boot immediately into the first OS on his hard disk

Eugene

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 11:44 -0700, j&l wrote:

> I Kevin . My name is John Papineau and I am the technician for Nelson
> computers and Open source  Technology group . We are situated in
> Canada in the town of Nelson in the province of B.C.
>
> solution to your problem :
>
> first check in your bios if the boot setup  show your cd or dvd  has
> the first boot  device . In the IBM model the bios is sometime access
> by pressing F1 key on your keyboard and releasing it and pressing the
> key again until you see a message on your computer screen that say
> accessing the bios  . Then, look into the bios setup menu of your
> computer and make sure that your cd or dvd drive is the first drive
> selected in the boot up menu selection. After you made the proper
> change to the boot up menu , select the option in the exit menu that
> say   save change then exit the bios. After that, the computer  will
> start again . Now, open your cd or dvd drive and put your Ubuntu disk
> in the drive then close the drive and press  the 3 following key  one
> after the other  CTRL  ALT  DElete.  Your  computer  should  restart
> and  the  ubuntu  disk  should  start  booting .
>
> I hope this will help you.
>
> have a good day
>
> Nelson Computers and Open Source Technology
>

> Kevin and Nicole McCormick wrote:
> >
> > Good day,
> >

> > I am not very computer savvy so forgive me for any ignorant
> > questions.
> >

> > I downloaded the Ubuntu 7.10 OS and burned to a CD. I recently
> > received an old IBM Net Vista with a blank hard drive. The computer
> > has a Pentium 4 processor.
> >

> > I am attempting to load the Ubuntu onto the blank drive with the CD.
> > When I turn the computer on I get a message of “no operating system
> > found. Press F1 for reboot sequence” (maybe not word for word).
> >

> > The CD is running but I do not know how to start the load sequence.
> >

> > Can you help?
> >

> > Kevin

*           Eugene Cormier             *
*          Acadia University           *
*        www.eugenecormier.com         *
*       eugene.cormier at gmail.com       *
*       DEN 152, (902) 585-1329        *
*    Classical Guitar, Guitar Class,   *
*    Guitar Ensemble, Prelim. Rud.     *