j&l j_lp at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 8 18:44:49 UTC 2008

I Kevin . My name is John Papineau and I am the technician for Nelson
computers and Open source  Technology group . We are situated in Canada
in the town of Nelson in the province of B.C.

solution to your problem :

*first *check in your bios if the boot setup  show your cd or dvd  has
the first boot  device . In the IBM model the bios is sometime access by
pressing* F1 key *on your keyboard and releasing it and pressing the key
again until you see a message on your computer screen that say
*accessing the bios*  . *Then,* look into the bios setup menu of your
computer and make sure that your cd or dvd drive is the first drive
selected in the boot up menu selection. After you made the proper change
to the boot up menu , select the option in the exit menu that say
*save change then exit the bios*. After that, the computer  will start
again . Now, open your cd or dvd drive and put your Ubuntu disk in the
drive then close the drive and press  the 3 following key  one after the
other  *CTRL*  *ALT*  *DElete *.  Your  computer  should  restart  and
the  ubuntu  disk  should  start  booting .

I hope this will help you.

have a good day