Obtaining Linux-ready thin-clients

Sanjay Sodhi sanjay.sodhi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 16:06:10 UTC 2007

Hi there,
I have recently been involved in getting students at my school exposed to
Linux. It seems to have been resolved, by and large, that installing
Linux/Ubuntu on school computers is not a viable option, and they simply
can't keep up with the LiveCD. I would, however, be able to use non-school
board computers, if I could get hold of them.

I have a PC that meets Edubuntu/LTSP server hardware requirements for a
small setup, and I'm quite keen on pursuing this further. The trouble is
that any venture would have to be funded right out of my pocket.

I have a few hundred dollars that I can use to purchase thin-clients that
would be implemented in an educational environment. So long as they meet
Edubuntu requirements, all is well.

Does anyone know somewhere that I can get hold of cheap computers that I
could use? As far as quantity goes, I don't think I will need any more than
six at the most.

Thanks!
Sanjay