7.10 does not like Monitors.

Dave Marple d.marple at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 03:10:07 UTC 2007

Yeah, try "sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf" and find the resolution (hit
ctrl+alt+f5 to get to a virtual terminal, ctrl+alt+f7 gets you back to your
x-window session).  You can specify the refresh rate with an underscore, eg:
1680x1050_60

The other thing that could be causing a problem might be desktop effects if
your computer is old enough (or maybe if it has an ATI card).  Not sure how
that would be turned off via command line though.

Elpram