Gutsy ISO

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 00:50:31 UTC 2007

On 10/18/07, Sanjay Sodhi <sanjay.sodhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Out of somewhat pertinent curiosity, how exactly does the Alternate CD work?
>
> Is it a command-line or non-GUI like the older CDs?

It's not command-line.  But the installer is not-graphical, like the
way the old Ubuntu and Debian installer used to be.  Pop the CD in
your drive, answer all the questions, and Ubuntu will be installed.
It's not that much less user friendly than using the normal CD, just a
little less nice looking.

The advantage is that it takes less memory to install that the normal
CDs.  For a while on my laptop, when I had only 256 mb of ram, the
alternate CD was the only way for me to install Ubuntu.  The live CD
would refuse to work for anything newer than Dapper.

--
Daniel Robitaille