just a quick question

evergreenadmin at essb.qc.ca evergreenadmin at essb.qc.ca
Thu Oct 18 13:08:04 UTC 2007

I am new in the linux universe and I need just a quick answer to
question.  I am a high school principal of the smallest high in Quebec.
I have 21 students.  We just upgrade all of our machines with xp-pro.  I
want to setup a server using Ubuntu that will eventually house, our
schools website, file server, print server, apache, sql and other
stuff.  I decided last year to build computer pods in each classroom and
get rid of the one classroom computer space.  The biggest drawback is
having the need to set up login access for students to retrieve their
projects from all classroom that also protects their work from other
students but would give access to teacher to mark, evaluate and
communicate with students. I will  eventually l am looking at setting an
online tutoring system(chat type) so that my kids can provide peer
support but also help students at the elementary school down the road.
Should I use the desktop or the serve edition of 7.10.

Thanks

daniel

ps- I am a former teacher at Stellys