Updates and Fixes

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 16:15:44 UTC 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 6:27 AM, Jose <jtc at totaltravelmarketing.com> wrote:
> Hi List;
>
> I have a couple of questions about how Ubuntu works when it comes with
> fixes, I don't know if this has been done before with these distros, but
> like when Suse really blew it with 10.1, they remastered the dvd and put
> it back, with Ubuntu, I am having problems with installing as I don't
> have the options I have with Fedora or Suse where I can select what to
> install/ bootloader options, the install from Ubuntu has almost no
> options for the boot loader, but again to my case, how to know if they
> would put a new remastered cd in because of the bugs like the display
> problem with ATI drives?
>
> Any idea where can I access that info from thier site?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jose

Basically, the policy for updates to stables release is don't. There
is a StableReleaseUpdate process for severly critical bugs and of
course, stuff in Main will have security bugs. As for rolling a new
release, that is unlikely to happen except for LTS releases, like 6.06
and the upcoming 8.04.

Corey