part 2 - laptop battery and... ubuntu?

helane helane at o2.pl
Mon Nov 5 06:49:23 UTC 2007

hello jane,

i max. dimmed my screen, installed kpowersave and enabled powersave
option in it. kp also shows more realistic time i have left than the
default power manager. on the 12cell battery i have 5 hours now so you
may want to switch the batter as well. :) i know that the previous
battery was already dead. at the moment - kpowersave shows 4 hours with
65 % charged and the default power manager only 50 minutes with 65 %
charged. and i know i have 3-4 hours not 50 minutes. don;t worry and
install kpowersve. i think there is some problem between these laptops
and default power manager - the last does not show real time.

hope it helps!
cheers,
helane.