Skype Video

Denver Gingerich denver at ossguy.com
Sat Nov 3 22:45:51 UTC 2007

On 11/1/07, Denver Gingerich <denver at ossguy.com> wrote:
[...]
> The service that WengoPhone uses also has lower per-minute PC-to-phone
> calling rates than Skype.  For Canada and the USA, Skype charges
> $0.024/min while the WengoPhone service charges $0.009/min.

The WengoPhone prices are listed in Euros, which I failed to realize
when I was quoting prices (I quoted the price as if it were listed in
dollars).  Taking the exchange rate into account, the WengoPhone
prices are actually $0.012/min.  Note that both this price and the
$0.024/min charged by Skype are in Canadian dollars.  With this
correction, WengoPhone is still cheaper than Skype, but only by a
factor of 2 instead of 2.7.

I apologize for the error in my original e-mail.

Denver