Skype Video

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 02:08:04 UTC 2007

On 11/1/07, mcr at xdsinc.net <mcr at xdsinc.net> wrote:

>   Not only that, but if you use a SIP phone, then you don't even have to
> use the "WengoPhone" service. You can use gizmo, unlimitel, your
> corporate PBX, etc, etc.
>   CHOICE.
>
>   Say no to SKYPE.
>   How many CVE's have been reported in SKYPE this year?

if I believe the search engine at nvd.nist.gov, only one in 2007:

http://nvd.nist.gov/nvd.cfm?cvename=CVE-2007-4429

Interestingly, WengoPhone also got one this year:
http://nvd.nist.gov/nvd.cfm?cvename=CVE-2007-4366

I didn't find any CVE for Gizmo this year.

I'm not proposing he use or non-use of Skype, or free vs close source
here.  But the number of CVE in a calendar year is probably not the
best metric to use; security vulnerabilities occurs in all software
people use, open or close source.

Daniel

--
Daniel Robitaille