WEbcam

Duda Nogueira dudanogueira at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 1 19:05:49 UTC 2007

Hi Laurie!

The access do devices on linux are controlled, in the majority of the time,
by the group users.

If i'm not wrong, the user should be on the plugdev group in order to access
a usb device.

hit
groups nonaccessuser
and
groups accessuser

on a terminal  and compare the groups that they make part of...

Additionally you can access the user/groups manager of you linuxbox
(diferent interfaces for gnome and KDE) and set some permissions.

Try the effectv webcam (search for effectv on repositories), it does great
effects with your webcam!!

On Oct 30, 2007 8:57 PM, Laurie Bell <lveeb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>  My cam works on root user,but when I add another user it says it can't
> connect.I loaded Comorama,and xawtv on root.Do I have to do same with
> other user?
>      Thanks
>
> UBUNTU - I am what I am because of who we all are.

Duda Nogueira
Tecnologia e WEB
http://dudanogueira.com.br
EMAIL: dudanogueira at ubuntu.com