ubuntu studio install

warden warden1337 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 13:25:37 UTC 2007

Hello

I was using an install of ubuntu studio. The first problem is there is no
live cd yet,
so you can't test it out live. I installed it and at first i was blown away
by how slick
looking it is but thats about all you get. It is basically 7.04 with mp3 and
a few other
codecs installed and the audio visual software. Which you can easily get for
any bu install.
Frankly i was disappointed it is really not that much different then a
regular 7.04 install and
it is easy to install the theme and icons like the other poster mentioned.

If you are looking for a good ubuntu based distro with lots of bells and
whistles that actually
builds on top of 7.04 try the new Linux Mint http://linuxmint.com/ The
cassandra release is
excellent. It has lots of software installed and beryl worked on my system
with zero configuration
off the live cd! Now thats something! It looks great has lots of changes
from regular 7.04 and
basically i didnt need to install any other packages It had everything i was
looking for on the
live cd and the install is just as easy as regular 7.04.

Linux Mint Cassandra 10/10!

Now it is a beta release but i have installed lots of betas and had no
problems. This
definitely does not look or feel like a beta and i will be using it as my
main desktop.

cheers

warden