Installing Ubuntu 7.04 to a USB Hard Drive

Victor Mendonça victorbrca at yahoo.ca
Thu May 17 14:29:07 UTC 2007

If I'm not mistaken, you could:

1- Install Ubuntu on the USB drive, and it should install grub on the Windows HD so you can choose which to boot (not sure if this would be something you'd want, and it might be trick to do it)
2- You could remove the Windows drive, install ubuntu on USB and install grub on a floppy. Use the floppy whenever you want to boot to Ubuntu

However I'm not sure how to go about on doing these procedures (noob here), but I'm almost sure I've seen how to's in the forums.

Vic.