need help installing ubuntu. requesting in-person help

ubunt2 at gmail.com ubunt2 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 01:14:34 UTC 2007

>Are you doing a live install or a text install?

>  Have you tried doing a the text install.  That's usually what I do
>  then when I first boot up I install
>   xorg-driver-fglrx
>   linux-restrictred-modules$(uname -r)

I've been told in ubuntu irc that using text install would be a safer
bet, but from my understanding my problem is not dependent on whether
I use the Live or the Text install CD.

To answer your question: I've just realized that I was using the
desktop amd64 bit install. I guess I should try alternate/text CD for
32 bit systems, eh?