installing ubuntu

warden warden1337 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 13:51:30 UTC 2007

Hello

I also had a problem similar to yours when i booted
up ubuntu 7.04 in my pc all i got was a black screen
and nothing happened. You might want to try knoppix
as i have found it boots in almost any computer and
that might help your piece of mind. But what i did to
fix my problem was i booted ubuntu 6.10 and it fired
up fine. Then i did a hard drive install and then upgraded
to 7.04 and everything is fine.

Also i recently installed the ubuntu studio 7.04 and it
installed fine. But the disk out now it not a live cd
it is only an installer.

Hope that helps. By the way my machine specs are
almost identical to yours.

warden