ADDING /DEV/VIDEO

Maurice Murphy m1625 at rogers.com
Fri May 4 15:41:22 UTC 2007

Because of conflicts with my web cam, I would like to add the following:
/dev/video1 and /dev/video2.  All I have at the moment is /dev/video0.
If I assigned /dev/video1 and 2 to my two TV Adapters respectively, I
could then leave /dev/video0 free for my Logitech Quickcam Messenger.

To do this,  I have two problems: how do I create video1 and video2 with
the appropriate drivers so that they can be used by my tv adapters? and,
how can I stop the random assignment of my video hardware to these three
pieces of hardware.  e,g There is no guarantee that the web cam will
always be assigned to /dev/video0.

All and any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,
Maurice.
--
I use Ubuntu 7.04...
ubuntu - linux for human beings <http://www.ubuntu.com>